Why Me?

So, I have been asked to sing in a Stake Relief Society Enrichment Program... by myself!!!

What kind of people are in my ward that think that I could sing by myself?!?!?!

The song is called "What Heaven See's in Me", it is one of the MOST cheesy songs that I have ever heard... and it goes completely against my moral fiber. I don't really know why I said yes. I am terrified that I will sound like a complete doofus in front of the whole stake. I finally convinced the gal that I couldn't sing it alone and that I would need someone to sing it with me (even though it's arranged as a solo).

So, theres a guy in my ward that is going to split the arrangement for me to sing with someone else. I asked Terri if she would, but I doubt that she will. So, I need someone who can sing with me, but I don't know who? Mike suggested that I get one of the Young Women to sing with me...I just don't know what to do.

What did I get myself into?

3 comments:

Terri said...

Sarah...

I'll go. I'll go. I'll gooooooooo!!!


sheesh!

When do we practice?

Prime said...

Well there are really two schools of thought on this, isn't there. I mean the traditional method is getting someone who sings great, has a little pazazz, blah, blah, blah. But I like the alternative method in times like you've described. I call it the "At least I'm less embarrassing than you" method. You only really need to pull it out when faced with a dire situation like you have. If you think the song is too cheesy for words, then simply find someone who thinks its "THE BEST SONG EVER!" It doesn't matter if they can sing as long as they will. They'll be so wrapped up in it, no one will even remember you were there! It would help it they cried during the song. Try and get them to cry, for sure. Later if people ask you about it, just deny it was you. Works every time.

Aaron said...

I'LL DO IT, I'LL SING WITH YOU. I'LL DO IT! I'LL DO IT! I'LL DO IT! I'LL DO IT!!!!!!