Slackline... Who knew?

On Ethans site he has had a debate going over that climber from Patagonia that climbed the Delicate Arch. People have been going back and forth about this... Apparently climbing the Delicate Arch is now banned and so is Slacklining. I didn't know what Slacklining was and there was a dear on Ethan's site that put a link to a picture of a slackliner, thanks for that... It appears that this is what slacklining is:This reminded me of the last time I was at Liberty Park. There were about 3 or 4 people that were all on the north/west corner of the park. They had a rope tied between two trees. They were all pretty much standing around. But, when we were getting ready to leave I saw one of them attempt to get on top of the rope. She was trying to balance herself and I kept wondering what the heck they were doing. Seeing this picture today helped me see. They were slacklining! DUH! How on earth could I have missed that?

Just goes to show, you learn something new every day!

1 comments:

Terri said...

That is weird. Who'ddah thunkit?