DominO

I watched this movie last night

I actually really liked it.

Keira Knightly didn't bug me that much.

The soundtrack is really cool.

Mickey Rourke... Need I say more?

It was just a good, check your brain at the door kind of movie.



I also did a little research on Domino Harvey, the real Domino Harvey. I found out that she died from an overdose in June of 2005 and was found in her bathtub about 3 months after she died.

I would have hated to be the guy that found her.

Sad that the real Domino died, but the movie lives on.

Domino received mostly poor reviews from the press when it saw theatrical release, though like any movie did have a good share of positive reviews, notably from both Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper who gave the film two thumbs up.

The estimated $50,000,000 budget was not made back as the film grossed only $20,351,133 worldwide, easily labeling the film as a flop.

For all those that don't want to use brain power during a movie, rent it, you'll most likely like it.

9 comments:

Stenar said...

It's a kindred spirit! Anyone who loves "Muriel's Wedding" must be. :)

But I didn't like Domino so much. It was just okay for me.

Prime said...

I thought Dominoe was fun to watch too. The thing that eventually made me chuckle is the script was positioned just like the reality show they were in. What I mean by that is, you start to see everyone asking Domino what she thought they should do in tactical situations. She started taking charge of the team when, I mean c'mon, the Mickey Roarke character would be calling all the life and death decisions. But it was, "Oh, Dominoe, you're 19, what should we do?!" It got a little silly.

Prime said...

Oh nice to see you weren't chased off, Stenar. =)

Terri said...

Shut up, Jim.

lily said...

I didn't know Keira Knightley bothered you so much... I haven't even heard of this movie, shows how on top of it I am!

That would be so sad to be dead for three months before anyone found you. Man.

lily said...

I didn't know Keira Knightley bothered you so much... I haven't even heard of this movie, shows how on top of it I am!

That would be so sad to be dead for three months before anyone found you. Man.

Sarah said...

It's true. I am not that big of a Kiera Knightly fan. I liked her in Pirates of the Caribbean, but that’s it. I can't even think about her playing Elizabeth Bennett, it's ghastly!

Stenar said...

Was someone trying to chase me off? If so, I missed it.

Prime said...

No one was intentionally trying to chase you off. I thought your reply to the religion post (on Terri's, was it ... I forget) a while back was met with oneriness. Nothin to lose sleep over. Their are blogging families and you have stumbled into one. Foxy Starbuck, Tibkat, Terrible Tee, Tink, Traveloscosity (thats me - Jim), Aronic and ... um ... er ... Ballroom Dancing King are all part of a family. And the fun just goes on from there. Anyway, no biggie. Forget I said anything. Nevermind. =)