Recipe Day

I have decided that every Wednesday I will post a new recipe up here on my blog. Cooking is something that I really enjoy doing and I really enjoy sharing the recipes that I make and receiving new recipes to try too.

This one is a favorite at all of our parties and family gatherings.

Avocado Salsa


16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
1 Large can olives, drained and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion (either Vidalia or something similar)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 large ripe avocados
Tortilla chips

In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper, and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.

Yield: about 7 cups

The reason I thought to post this recipe first is because I just emailed it to about 4 different people yesterday. I got a flood of requests; because I made it for Mike's party... it was a BIG hit, like always. ENJOY!

1 comments:

Terri said...

mmmm!!!!!
yummers!
ty.