Appreciation

I found out yesterday that one of Mike's best friends lost his mother the night before last. She had three different kinds of cancer and was given 2 months to live last week.

Then one of my dearest friends sent me this email just a couple minutes ago and I thought that it was so poignant and pretty much summed up what I was trying to get across today...

One day someone's mother died.
And on that clear, cold morning,
in the warmth of her bedroom,
the daughter was struck with
the pain of learning that sometimes
there isn't any more.

No more hugs,
no more lucky moments to celebrate together,
no more phone calls just to chat,
No more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most goes away.
Never to return before we can say good-bye,
Say "I Love You."
So while we have it. It’s best we love it . . .
And care for it and fix it when it's broken.
And take good care of it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.... and friendships...
And children with bad report cards;
And dogs with bad hips;
and aging parents and grandparents.
We keep them because they are worth it,
because we cherish them!

Some things we keep --
like a best friend who moved away
or a classmate we grew up with.
There are just some things that
make us happy, No matter what.

Life is important,
and so are the people we know
and so, we keep them close!

I was just reflecting on the people in my life and how much I appreciate them all. Life is too short to have animosity or hate or even grudges. I just really appreciate everyone that has had any sort of influence on my life, thanks for being my family, friends, husband, or being any sort of inspiration to me in my life.

The other thing that it has made me think of is the Plan of Salvation and the comfort I have in knowing that it won't always be "no more" with those that I love. I will indeed see them again. We will just be separated for a time. And it's a short time in the grand scheme of things.

Mostly, it makes me think of my mom and how I would miss her so much if she weren't here anymore. I ache for my Nanny sometimes, especially when I read my mom's poems about her. I know that the ache would be 10 fold for my sweetest mommy. I have on my list "Take Mom to lunch", this is something I haven't done, ever, I don't think. I know, I am a wretched daughter. I am going to call her today and arrange it.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Oh Sarah, please tell him I send my regards. Where can flowers be sent to, too?