UnMoTiVaTeD!

I realized something last night while I was talking with Mike. I am totally unmotivated to do just about everything! When I get home from work I just want to sit, not clean, or cook, or heaven forbid exercise!

I just want to sit...

I can't remember the last time I cooked dinner for Mike and myself, or cleaned REALLY thoroughly, or went RUNNING...!!! I can't remember the last time I went running! I miss being motivated. The thing that dawned on me last night is that I am lacking a routine. I haven't ever been a routine person, ever, never! I am the WORST candidate for a rape victim because I am so unpredictable. No rapist could plan the best time to strike. From that standpoint it's great, but from the standpoint of accomplishing things, it sucks!

I am not a morning person. I have a hard time getting anywhere on time because I am, as my mom puts it, a doddler. And it's true, I doddle, A LOT! So, I decided something last night. If I am going to be a participating member of society and try to leave my mark (I don't know where yet) but, if I am going to do these things, then I need to start by accomplishing the simple things in life. Like cooking dinner and cleaning the house and exercising!

It will be a feat but I am willing to give it a shot, so tonight I am going running and going to clean the kitchen and go to the store, so that I can cook dinner... after I get my hair done, of course. But, it will happen... I will report on this tomorrow morning and let you all know how I did. Then I guess I will have to watch out for those rapists in the world that are looking for girls that are set in their routines... Who am I kidding! I can start a routine or an attempt at one, but probably won't keep it going for very long. I guess I should give it a shot at least.

See, I can't even motivate myself to motivate myself!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

You GO Sister!

Terri said...

I think you are add.
a-dorky-dork*

Prime said...

Yet on the other hand, Sarooo. A couch is a terrible thing to waste ...

Anonymous said...

So how did it go? Was there shopping, dinner, motivation?

Sarah said...

Update...

I did go to the store and I cooked dinner... I did not get a run in though, after dinner it was about 10:30 or so (I know, it was a late dinner). But, I did get my hair done which in itself is a motivator. I look sassy again, like my old self instead of blah Sarah with the 4-inch roots. This has helped me get motivated to start running again. I am going to go tonight for sure! Then I will have the weekend to clean, clean, clean and all will be back on track, hopefully it will stay that way too. Cross your fingees!