Swimming Fun, Fun, Fun...

Mike and I have been talking about getting a swimming pool in our back yard, as many of you already know. Well I couldn't wait for the digging and filling and everything else that goes into installing a pool (besides the cost). So, I went to Wally World and bought an inflatable pool to tide us over until we can have a permanent one put in.

Traci and I started setting the pool up late Sunday night. It took us "less than 15 minutes" to set up! I didn't start to really fill it until Monday morning at about 9am. It took about 3 and a half hours to fill completely. The pool is about 12 ft wide and 3 ft deep. Its more like a wading pool rather than a swimming pool, but it is fun to play in nonetheless. Terri and Aaron (my sister and brother) came over with their kids and we all played in the pool. It wasn't quite as hot on Monday as it had been earlier in the week and the water was co-old!

We just waited until our legs were numb and then it didn't bother us anymore. The good thing about this pool is that you can keep it up or take it down, whenever you feel the need to swim. I think we probably will take it down and then put it back up before we have our next party. Should be lots of fun though! I love swimming and I especially love to cool off on HOT, hot days in July!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I thought you were going to take it down. what happened?

Sarah said...

I actually started draining it yesterday... I just didn't mention that in the post. It had now been completely drained and we are going to put it away tonight. It took it almost 8 hours to drain though... 3 and a half to fill and 8 to drain? There is something wrong with this picture.

Anonymous said...

Sar - sorry I missed all the swimming fun, but I was feeling like poo. Next time let me know...Charlotte needs to hang out with more kids her own age. I'm glad to hear you're feeling like poo as well!

Terri said...

Willow asked me just the other day if we could go swimming at your house in the little pool for kids. Guess I'll have to tell her that it comes and goes, and we'll just need to check with you periodically about the pool.

Anonymous said...

Cute house. Who are all those people?